Sunday, January 17, 2010

Twitter has been a fascinating program, with all its popularity and great search engine; I just wish I would have gotten into it long ago. I plan to first use tweetdeck to monitor the world from my very room. I will store and save this information so I can use it once I have more free time on my hands, like during the summer or spring break for example. For now I will become a fly on the wall, a spectator, learn to use twitter by following the best and apply it to my future band’s profile. Sinister yes, creepy maybe but that is how I plan on using tweetdeck.
On my tweetdeck account I have three list/groups columns and five search columns. The lists/groups include a list of bands I decided to follow in case they come into town for a local show or to catch the latest about upcoming albums and music. The second list/group includes a news list to get the latest of news while sitting on my computer desk composing or listening to music. In addition to those I have my final list/group which are my really personal friends that also have a twitter account so we can all follow each other and keep in touch.
The five search columns are I chose are; HASOM, Skacore, Proyecto Makabro, Veteranos of the Underground, and Jason Becker. The reason I am searching skacore is because that is the genre my band plays and I am interested in seeing how many people tweet with that in mind. For those same reason I search Proyecto Makabro because that is my band. I am searching Veteranos of The Underground because that is a two day festival I will be playing with my band, and I am curious to see how many people, if any, talk about it on twitter. Lastly the reason I am searching Jason Becker is because he is one my most influential guitar players, his music inspired me in many ways both musically and as a person.

Here is Jason Becker just jamming out with Marty Friedman (another great musician)

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe no one has commented on your use of video. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! its like you are the 'Brain' and Twitter is 'Pinky'

    you seem like you really like research and I never looked at twitter as a way to study anything. thank you for that!

    please do keep us updated on the data and final readings of your experiments in the Twitter Deck lab, Dr Carlos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have a similar twitter strategy. Listen for a bit to get the hang of it and then figure out how to use it for my band. The jason becker vid is cool too. Its cool to see he can shred on more than metal. Sounds like he's doing alot of jazzy stuff.

    ReplyDelete