Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Podcasting was fun but I think I got carried away!

This is my podcast I had tons of fun thinking up what to say and what song to fit in the Background. The song in the Background is Quote Unquote by Mr. Bungle, really groovy song!

The question know is what can podcast do for me? After taking a few second to really think about the idea behind podcasting, the whole make your own radio show seems really fun and helpful. I can see myself becoming a more prominent figure in the Los Angles SKACORE scene by hosting the only Los Angeles SKACORE radio show. People might consider coming to me instead of me going to them. That all will hopefully come as the show catches more and more hype. With my own radio show I can promote my band as much as I want telling people where we are playing every weekend or when our new album will be out. This Podcasting idea is really exciting and I wish I had heard about it early.

I might consider posting the podcasts I make on myspace and twitter, but definitely on itunes once I figure it out. It must reach the Los Angeles SKACORE scene by any means necessary and myspace is a key bridge between my and SKACORE. The substince within my podcast would be mainly comprised of upcoming shows interviews with bands and coverage of the big SKACORE events within Los Angeles. Also I will host music from the local scene anything that is offered to me by promoters and the bands themselves.

3 comments:

  1. wow. you uploaded your podcast on your blog! I must learn how to do that. it was very fun listening to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool man post dude! I gotta check out some Mr Bungle. I always hear about that band as well as Mike pattons other bands but have really never listened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got some fans of your podcast. Keep recording!!! Is that your voice in the bg? And love the idea of doing a little radio show for Twitter, etc. Not a bad idea at all.

    ReplyDelete